Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Toledo Zoo is full of Animals ... and Art

On Monday April 16, I took a day off of work and I went to the zoo. I had not been there for quite a long time and lots things have changed. There are exhibits I had never seen before. Some areas were closed because of renovation or making a new exhibit. One thing had not changed--there is still lots of art at the zoo. There are still the older stone statues like the triceratops, and many metal sculptures of animals.
Triceratops

Panda

Lion
There are murals on the walls of the Carnivore Cafe, where people eat in the cages.
Tiger from the mural in the Carnivore Cafe
A large dragonfly is on the outside of the Zoo Museum.
Dragonfly on the wall
A metal sculpture is near the area where new construction is being done.
Elephant sculpture
A new sculture of a kite with string is in Nature's Neighborhood, the children's area.
I enjoyed looking at the art and animals at the Toledo Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment