Saturday, April 21, 2012

Waterville, OH art

I went out to Waterville for a walk. I did the 5K since it was raining when I started and it was my first walk of the season.  The walk started at a place called Peddlers' Alley. I never knew about this place since I'd driven by Waterville many times, but never stopped before. Inside were a number of shops. There also were murals on the walls. Here's a couple of my photos of Peddlers' Alley.
Inside Peddlers' Alley

Mural which includes an actual bird nest

Another mural inside Peddlers' Alley
The actual walk was along the river from Farnsworth metropark heading west. I walked along past a couple shelter houses and picnic spots and enjoyed the views of the river and redbud trees. 
Nature=Art
After completing my walk, I decided to stop in the Garden Smiles gallery. I enjoyed looking at not only George Carruth's art, but art by several other artists including pottery, glass and cards.

George Carruth's Garden Smiles gallery


No comments:

Post a Comment